Friday, March 9, 2012

Song of the Day 3.9.12

Whenever I go to a live show I usually like to show up fairly early. Usually right around the time the doors open. The reason for this is because even though I may be there to just see the headliner, I really like to listen to opening bands. Usually I find a hidden gem that I had no idea existed. This was the case last Sunday when I saw Children of Nova open for Junius and O'Brother. Really really good band there. Tuesday I saw Flogging Molly, and while the second band sucked, the first group was really good. That first group is Sean Wheeler and Zander Schloss. What sparked me at first was that they were the only members on the stage. Zander had the guitar and Sean had the mic (Zander sang too). The other thing that sparked me was their attire and then Sean's voice. Think a cleaner less raspy Tom Waits. I was thoroughly impressed. Then after some research I found out that Zander Schloss is the bass player for legendary punk band The Circle Jerks. So a lot of musical experience there. So tonight I am giving you all Sean Wheeler and Zander Schloss with Retablo

No comments:

Post a Comment