Thursday, January 26, 2012

Song of the Day 1.26.12

I love prog rock. That should be evident by now at least a little bit with my earlier post of King Crimson. There are a lot of progressive rock bands out there now that in their own rights bring a lot to the table. One of my favorites to come out of this genre is Umphrey's McGee. They released an album last year entitled Death By Stereo. I think this one was meant to be more of a commercial release because the songs aren't as up to par as what they are capable of doing. However, there are a few gems to be found here. I say this about a lot of bands that I love, but a bad Umphrey's McGee song is better than 99% of the music that is out there. What I love about the song that I chose is that it's a tale of two different songs. The first half is full of singing and an offbeat time signature for the backing music. Then the second half is followed up with a beautiful bass and guitar solo. The best part is the transition between the two. I hope you enjoy. Here is Umphrey's McGee with Search 4

No comments:

Post a Comment