Saturday, January 7, 2012

Song of the Day 1.7.12

I have a little bit of a soft spot for synthesizers. I guess you could add keyboards to that same breath too. For example, one of my favorite genres in metal is Swedish metal. Keyboards are heavily used in Swedish metal and I go a little crazy for it. I think there needs to be a harmony to it though. I can't stand most dubstep, because it is all noise to me. I prefer to have synthetic music as background to vocals, not just stand alone music. I think dubstep is just a fad and will die ultimately. I bring all this up because today's song is by VNV Nation. They hail from the British Isles and thus utilize computer generated beats in their music. This of course is typical with most European music. Their sound is self-described as future pop, and these guys are the fathers of this genre. I have seen them live this past year and they are a great live band as well. Here is VNV Nation with Space & Time

No comments:

Post a Comment