Friday, January 6, 2012

Song of the Day 1.6.12

I've been trying to go all over the map with my song of the day choices. Just to give everyone a little something different from time to time. I mean this blog would probably be a little boring if it was filled with songs from the same genre and time period over and over again. I'm sure there would be a lot of repeats that would come out of it over the span of 366 days this year. So let's take a journey back in time to 1977. Alan Parsons is a name that can be found on a lot of essential records. He is credited as assistant engineer on The Beatles' Abby Road. He is also the engineer on Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon. In 1975, instead of returning to the studio with Pink Floyd for their Wish You Were Here album, he decided to create his own band: The Alan Parsons Project. In 1977 they released their second album (and my personal favorite of theirs so far) I Robot. The album did pretty well reaching number 9 on the Billboard 200. My favorite song from the album is Breakdown which features Allan Clarke on vocals who was one of the founding members of The Hollies. Without further ado today I give you Breakdown by The Alan Parsons Project

No comments:

Post a Comment